The Alliance Française promotes French language and culture in Dunedin, and throughout the world. Be part of this! Join the club by becoming a member and participate in a variety of activities!
What will I get?
- Our Newsletter – the Petit Potin (for news, special French related events in Dunedin, and member only discounts)
- Free access to our library:
- French Fiction and Non-Fiction books,
- French children and picture books,
- Learning French & reference books,
- BD (Bandes Dessinées)/ comics,
- French Magazines (including Causette, le Nouvel Obs, J’aime Lire……),
- DVDs (including Documentaries, Comedy, Action and Romance movies),
- Join with others with an interest in French and French culture from native speakers to learners at many levels including children and adults.
- Regular social events at our Club Rooms (you’ll be welcome whether you speak French or not!).
- Participate in the variety of activities that the Club organises (including cooking demonstrations, wine & cheese tastings, film festivals, family outings and more).
- Join an Adult French class for a term and enjoy a reduced membership subscription fee.
- Discounted rates to most Alliance Francaise Dunedin events.
- Exclusive discounts on the movie tickets and events of the Alliance Française French Film Festival
- Discounts at Local businesses:
- Subscribe to any Bayard/Milan magazines (Popi, Wakou, Pomme d’api, Youpi, J’aime lire, Géo ado, Okapi, Phosphore, 1jour1actu, etc. ) through your local representative Anne (email@example.com) and benefit from:
- the lowest prices available (10% discount for one subscription compared to the direct price with France, 20% from two subscriptions)
- a local customer service to manage your subscriptions (change of address, change of title, replacement of damaged issue etc.)
- information and advice to help you choose the magazine best suited to your children.
- 10% member discount (ask us the promo code) at So French Brocante.
Keep an eye out for even more fantastic deals to come!
How much does it cost?
Yearly Membership Rates:
- Adult Member $30
- Concessionary Member* $20
- Family (two adults + children) $45
- Concessionary Family** $30
- Schools (for Concour Oral) $30
* High-school, University and AF Students, Seniors and Unwaged
** At least one member of the family, adult or child, attends a minimum of one term AF class (or prepays a 10-session card)
Note to AF students and families: please indicate in the form below which class you or a member of your family intend to join.
How do I join?
After filling in this form, make a direct deposit in our bank account: 03-09030389432-00
putting your Family Name, SUBS 2017, and your membership category in the reference fields (ADULT/CONC/FAMILY/FAM CONC).